At marketnews.com we collect different types of information about our users for four main reasons:
- • To provide personalized services unique to individual users.
- • To help us to monitor and improve the services we offer.
- • To sell advertising space on the site. This helps us to keep the site free of charge.
- • With user consent, to market services to individual users.
There may be additional privacy policies that apply to certain services on bonikbarta.net
Please read these at the time you register or subscribe for these services on these sites.
Please follow the links below for further information.
- • We do our utmost to protect user privacy through the appropriate use of security technology. This means: - we ensure that we have appropriate physical and technological security measures to protect your information - we ensure that when we outsource any processes the service provider has appropriate security measures.
- • We will respect your privacy. You should receive marketing emails only from Bonik Barta and, if you choose, from carefully chosen third parties.
- • It will be made clear to you where you have these choices; for example, tick boxes will let you decide whether you wish to receive marketing.
- • We may, however, email you occasionally with information or queries about your registration, your subscription account, or postings, for example, with reminders, warnings, or copyright requests.
- • We will collect and use individual user details only where we have legitimate business reasons and are legally entitled to do so.
- • We will be transparent in our dealings with you as to what information about you we will collect and how we will use your information.
- • We will use personal data only for the purpose(s) for which they were originally collected and we will ensure personal data are securely disposed of.
- • Our site is accessible via the Internet. This means that, wherever you choose to post your data on the site, it can be accessed from anywhere around the world.
How we use your information
What information do we collect?
We collect information on our users through registration and use of the website, through cookies, where you choose to disclose data in postings, and when you enter sales promotions and competitions (“sales promotions”).
Certain services that we provide may involve the collection by us of additional information, such as your geographic location from time to time, to enable the service to be provided as designed. In particular, this may apply to certain Apps that you download, or that we provide.
The minimum information we need to register a user is an email address and a password. We will ask further questions about different services, including sales promotions. Unless stated, all registration questions are compulsory.
We may also ask some further, voluntary questions during registration for certain services (for example, Classifieds, or Registration for Events) so we can gain a clearer understanding of our users. This also enables us to personalize services for our users.
Logging in using social networking credentials
If you log in to bonikbarta.net using a Facebook login as a means of authentication you grant permission to Facebook to share your user details. This will include your name, email address, date of birth, and location which will then be used to form a Bonik Barta USER, and you may use your picture from Facebook as part of your profile. Authenticating also permits the sharing of your gender, networks, user ID, and any other information you choose to share according to your Facebook account settings. If you remove the Bonik Barta app from your Facebook settings, our access to this additional information will cease.
If you log in to bonikbarta.net using a Twitter login as a means of authentication we receive your avatar and Twitter username.
Who do we share data with
We will not share your personal information with others for marketing purposes unless you have given us your permission. With your permission, we will share your information only with carefully chosen third parties.
Please note that we reserve the right to access and disclose personal data to comply with applicable laws and lawful government requests, to operate our systems properly, and to protect both our users and ourselves.
Any third parties who access your data in the course of providing services on our behalf are subject to strict contractual restrictions to ensure that your data is protected and in compliance with applicable data protection/privacy legislation. We may also independently audit these service providers to ensure that they meet our standards. We may use service providers to help us run these sites or services available on the sites, some of which may be based outside of Bangladesh.
Some BBML webpages use plugins from third-party platforms (such as the ‘Facebook Recommend’ function). These third-party providers may collect information about your visit to BBML websites on these pages. If you browse these pages whilst still also logged in to your account on the third-party platform, information collected by the third party may be connected to your account on the third-party platform. For more information on how these third parties use information, please read their privacy policies.
- • For statistical purposes to track how many individual unique users we have and how often they visit our websites. We collect data listing which of our pages are most frequently visited and by which types of users and from which countries.
- • We use third parties to collect anonymous user information, sometimes through cookies and web beacons.
- • Marked News vertisers will generate statistical cookies to track advertising impressions and conversions.
- • Placing cookies on your computer means we can serve you adverts that you might be more interested in, and allows us to control the number of times you see them and measure how effective the ad campaign has been. This helps us to keep the site free of charge.
- • Flash cookies may be used to store user preferences for media player functionality and without them, some video content may not render correctly. You can turn cookies off but if you do this you may not be able to use all services on our websites and you might see more pop-ups and other intrusive advertising, as we won’t be able to limit what you see using cookies. You will, however, still be able to view editorial content.
About our advertising
We use targeted advertising, which allows us to deliver visitors to our website directed to your interests.
As you browse bonikbarta.net, some of the cookies we place on your computer will be advertising cookies, so we can understand what sort of pages you are interested in.
This information we collect about behavior on your computer enables us to group it with computers that show similar behavior. We can then display advertising on your computer, which is based on these interests. For instance, if you have been reading a lot of food and drink articles we may decide to show you more adverts for food and drink. We do not share behavioral data with other websites.
Legal information and how to contact us
For the purposes of data protection please contact email@example.com
If you would like to obtain a copy of the personal data we hold on you or have any queries regarding Marked News use of personal data please contact the Data Protection Manager at the above email address.